Saturday, September 8, 2007

Corey Who?

Back in the 80's Corey Hart stole this song from me which I had written as a poem. I was his vocal coach for a short period of time. I always wore sunglasses around then, even at night, because I was going through a lot of problems with my divorce from Denise Matthews, a.k.a. Vanity, and tried to be invisible. I wrote this song for both her and Patricia Kotero, who I started seeing around that time. She became another protegé of Prince soon afterward. I still to this day believe Corey found the song scribbled on a napkin I left at the Hollywood Diner. Anyway, years later I found my original recording of the track which was never officially released. So here it is. Eat your Hart out Corey. -P

I Wear My Sunglasses (At Night)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great song in the 80's, yours is much better though. Sorry to hear that and I grew up with that song also. WoW never would of know that story if I didn't stumble across your website. Life is funny sometimes, but your song was cool.

Bill