Saturday, September 8, 2007

Live From Live Aid

This is a rare live recording from Live Aid in '85. Actually it's from one of the afterparties. I was asked to perform in place of The Stones who had come down with the flu. I was unprepared at the time as I was taking a nap with Madonna. So I took to the stage with only my guitar in hand in front of the likes of Bowie, Jagger, Hall & Oates, Sting, and Duran Duran, and rocked 'em Perfect style. Paul McCartney was in the audience that night as well. I think I saw him crying somewhere during the second verse. Someone told me they overheard him telling Mick later that night that it was the most inspiring piece of music he had heard since John's stuff. Check it out. -P

Everything That You Do (Live From Live Aid)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe McCartney said that shit about Perfect. But I bet it's true. The lyrics to this song are so inspiring that they almost make no sense at all. True art. I think I can here Jagger screaming at the top. I bet it was the best performance from Live Aid.

Anonymous said...

What's that he's saying at the end? "She likes the munchkin trolls???"

Anonymous said...

I think he's talking about Madonna. I think it's "she likes the munch controls."

Anonymous said...

Didn't Bowie lobby to have this made the new national anthem?